vauxdoc, vauxhall master tech
Experience:  over 25 years from viva to vectra

I have problem with an EGR valve on a Vauxhall corsa 1.3 CDTI.

Customer Question

I have problem with an EGR valve on a Vauxhall corsa 1.3 CDTI. The valve is sticking intermittantly,can this valve be removed and cleaned or is it better to replace? Cost of replacement is over £100 I am capable of doing the job myself but If I can save a little cash by not replacing then of course but If the valve is a non service part then I will obtain the part prior to removal. Many thanks in anticipation of a reply.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 8 years ago.
Welcome to JA. In short they can be cleaned out, it would require a full strip down of the valve and motor/solenoid, you have to drill a 3/16" hole in the top of the solenoid then punch out the pintle with a 3/16" pin punch, then clean every thing with a carb cleaner.However i would only suggest this as a temporary measure if you wern't keeping the car for long. For the most reliable repair fit a new valve as these are treated with a non stick coating, you are a brave man this is not the best job to tackle, i hope this helps, good luck, vauxdoc.