vauxdoc
vauxdoc , vauxhall master tech
Experience:  over 25 years from viva to vectra
10908802

An orange light on the dashboard of my 2003 Corsa 1.2 sxi in the shape

Customer Question

There's an orange light on the dashboard of my 2003 Corsa 1.2 sxi in the shape of an engine., which won't turn off. Any ideas what it means? I've just had the middle and end boxes of the exhaust replaced and the light certainly wasn't on whe nthe car went in.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  vauxdoc replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JA. This is the engine management warning light, it comes on when the engine ECU (computer) detects a fault, it may be one of many sensors or adjustments that are out out of specification or just need replacing.
You will have to get the car put on a diagnostic computer to have the fault codes read, only then can we take the correct diagnostic route.
I suggest that you take it back to the repairer and ask them to have it tested for you, as you said it was ok before. i hope this helps, if you need more help please get back to us.
good luck, regards, vauxdoc.