Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

after changing the battery on my 2004 civic type r the alarm

after changing the battery on my 2004 civic type r the alarm siren keeps sounding.no lights flash just the siren.can u help pls.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to ja.com..

Changing the battery has upset the alarm system (as you know ) -

You need to switch the inition to the on position - then , reconnect the battery - - the alarm shouldn't sound now - but if it does - just operate the buttons on the remote until it stops --

Cycle through the lock / unlock a couple of times - and that should re set the system for you....

IF that doesn't work for you -- do the procedure again - but this time with the key OUT of the car - and do the same again...

Before you do any of this though -- re connect the horn - as this can affect the system too! ( being disconnected )

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you -- Please ask if you need further help -

Kind Rgds, MIKE

Any & All Bonuses Are Gratefully Received ~ Thank you again.

Please leave some FEEDBACK if you have a mo.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that hasnt worked the siren still sounds with key in or out any other sugestions.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi there & thank you for getting back to me and letting me know...

Okay -- There is one other thing you can try -- before a trip to the dealer to have the system re-set ( they are getting worse these systems! )

Try looking up under the dash -with a good lamp -- You are looking for a small switch - either a toggle - type switch or push type -- You may need to look really well to find it - but its there for "valet mode".

When you find it and know its location - re connect whatever you have disconnected - and set the alarm going again...

Then - turn on the ignition - then press and hold the button in - (if its the push in type ) - just switch the switch if its just a toggle type -- if its a spring loaded toggle - switch and hold )... UNTIL the alarm system BEEPS.

This then should put the system into the Valet Mode - and an override situation.

The light on the dash should come on Solid.

This gets you going for now.

Sometimes they will reset themselves -- if not - you can carry in using the car like that -- or if you dont like it like that - you will have to trip to the local dealer and have them re program the system to work fully as it should -- this can only be done with Honda equipment --- or a garage equipped with teh likes of the AD100 machine -or Autodiagnos or X431 machines if you can locate one. But connection to a diagnostic machine is required for this -- after what we have done -- or if you dot have a valet switch in your car. Your handbook should explain this for you too.

Kind Rgds, MIKE

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.