Richard, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  12 years as a technician at a Ford and Jaguar dealer Ford and Jaguar factory certified
10437779

have jaguar xk8 1997 my obd2 scanner cannot connect tried 5

have jaguar xk8 1997 my obd2 scanner cannot connect tried 5 different models compatible with jaguar says unable to communicate with vehicle also getting random faults in my message center could this be a ECM problem?

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

It does sound like you do have a throttle fault. What kind of scanner did you use?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
obd2 innova and snapon both didnt work get message saying unable to establish connection but it did connect to another xk8 and worked.i forgot to mention also had a message on dash saying "PECUS E" it seems as if the commputer is trippin

Ok

Pecus E means that the ecm is either offline or not communicating hence not being able to use your scan tool. You need to check all powers and grounds to the ecm and the engine management relay. I will send you the wiring info in the next post.

Here is the wiring diagram.

graphic

graphic