Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

how to replace diesel filter in vauxhall zafira 1.9cdti

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to ja.com...

Depending on variant -

to remove the diesel fuel filter - you need to either grip it very tightly to twist / turn it off - anticlockwise.... or use a typical oil filter removal tool - a chain type , wrapped around the filter - and unscrew. The whole hing comes off...and you screw the other on..

This is if its one with no visible bolt in the centre of its top....... if its that type- remove that bolt and it will drop off..

I Sincerley hope I have helped you -- Please ask if you need further help -

Kind Rgds, MIKE

PS~Please hit ACCEPT if you are happy with my answer/advice given~ Thank You ;)

Any & All Bonuses Are Gratefully Received ~ Thank you again.

{ FEEDBACK is Always Appreciated }

Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to Mike's Post: I like to send you a picture of the engine so you can conform if am doing right move.? If yes I need your e-mail.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hello my friend -

Im forbidden by site rules to give out my email address Im afraid -- you can however post a pic in here for me to see.... look above the box where you type your reply... you see a nice bright yellow smiley face - the next good icon to the right - to the left of the utube one - click on that and follow that -to insert a pic...

I'll lok out for your doing so...

Rgds, Mike

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi
Picture is taken at night but I hope will be allright for you .
I was taken the cover out to make beter view .
I have put unleaded to itCry and now ........graphic
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hi again....

So glad you didnt follow my original thoughts - as I was thinking about a different one altogether ;)

Ok, you need to disconnet the wire plug and the pipes -- then , remove the whole filter body off the bulkhead - its atached with a bracket thats all -- then with it all out in your hands - you can see how the top twists off - you dont need any tools as such... its a paper element inside - just replace the old one - replace the seals - Fill the housing with diesel before you close it up ( this helps it start afterwards) and fit it all back - thats it ;)

What do you mean youve put unleaded in it????

Rgds MIKE ;)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Rush to the airport. Petrol station, fill up wrong stuff and off we go for 60miles and car stopt.
The AA testyt on the road , can be fixt in 1 hour, but price was Sealed.
I decided to try myself ,fix the problem.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Dear Oh Dear !!! I dread "my wife" doing that.... I would never do it of course Innocent

I just hope you havnt ruined the injector pump! As it ran for so long though - you may well be ok... just get plenty of nice fresh expensive - diesel in it -along with , I would suggest, some diesel system cleaner -- and fingers crossed for you...

Let me know how you go...

All the very best my friend ---

Rgds... MIKE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have drain insallation from unleaded by disconnecting 2pipes under the car (supply and return)and drain all from the tank.
Hope will be ok.
Do i need to prime the system somehow or filling the filter will be ok ?
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.

Hi again...

You really need to disconnect the pipes at the rear - blow the pipes back from the engine bay -to get rid of all the petrol -- or..... with diesel in the tank - pump t through to the front - but out into a tub -- until you see pure deiesl...

I dont think there is a self primer on these -- 10 second bursts on the starter motor till it starts should do it..... It will be spluttery and cut out a few times maybe - but all being well, it will clear..

Rgds.... Mike