Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Ford KA Spark Plugs Change

Customer Question

My Ka is misfiring and I think it''s the spark plugs that need changing, the annoying thing is that it was MOT''d a week before this started to happen.

How do I change them? I''m worried about getting them stuck, also is there a specific type of plug that I need and whats the gap required?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

Hi & Welcome to!

Its an easy job really to change the plugs on your Ka... get your self a spark plug removal tool from a good accessory shop - tell them what car it s for as there are two sizes - you want the smaller of the two.

You wont get them stuck if you get the right tool for the job ;-)

Ask for plugs whilest you are at the shop - they will give you the right ones for your car... personally I would recommend type NGK - or Bosch - no dearer but they are the better makes on the market...

The gap will be ready set for your car with these plugs.... Only thing to watch out for - is make sure you refit the right lead to the right plug - dont mix them up ... and thats it ;)

I Sincerley hope I have helped you -- Please ask if you need further help -

Kind Rgds, MIKE

PS~Please hit ACCEPT if you are happy with my answer/advice given~ Thank You ;)

Any & All Bonuses Are Gratefully Received ~ Thank you again.

{ FEEDBACK is Always Appreciated }