Mike, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I am a Car/ vehicle technician of 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Ford: keys..the alarm goes off a few seconds after locking therefore I

I can''t open the boot of my Ford Streetka. Both of my keys are working because it can open and lock the car. However, the alarm goes off a few seconds after locking therefore I think the last time I shut the boot possibly it didn''t fully shut. As there is no boot release in the cabin. What should I do?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Mike replied 8 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to justanswer.com!

The alarm is indeed beeping because there is a problem with the circuit - probably as you suspect .

Have you tried pushing hard on the boot to be sure it is shut - and then try again?

Other than that - you will have to enter the boot from inside the car - this involves stripping out the back of the back seat - and armed with a torch and some tools - going through to the boot and releasing the clamp that holds the boot shut from either the boot itself or the body of the car --- once the boot comes open you can then deal with whatever jammed it .

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you -

Kind rgds, MIKE

PS~Please hit ACCEPT if you are happy with my answer/advice given ~Thank you ;)