Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

I am trying to find out the final details of a gentleman

Customer Question

Hello I am trying to find out the final details of a gentleman bankruptcy order in 2006
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TexasAtty replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A gentleman name Simon James was made bankrupt in the the UK in 2006 and I am trying to find final details of the bankruptcy order, as there is a charge on there related to a lady he owes monies to

I'm sorry, the question wasn't showing it was in the UK when I picked up. It is posted in the US law section but I will move it to the correct area. No need to reply, that will only delay another expert picking up.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 months ago.

Good evening. Thank you for the question. It’s my pleasure to assist you.

I am in the United Kingdom.

Can we have as much background detail to your question as possible please including details of the charge? Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Stuart a gentleman in the uk has a bankruptcy charge on him in 2006 and u need to find details of the bankruptcy order. His name is***** 56 Cotswold Meadow, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 5FB
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello StuartPlease give me a call on 07708 340749 if you need toRegardsDavid
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 months ago.

It’s possible to do a K 16 Bankruptcy Land Charges search at Plymouth Land Registry and it will come up with this information that you will see here on the form K18.

http://www.landregistryservices.com/samples/england_and_wales/eng_bankruptcy.pdf

However, that’s the only information which is available. It would then be necessary to contact the court to see whether they have any records.

I could not find a sample search from the Land Charges department and this one is from a private organisation which offers the service obviously for a fee.

If you can let me know exactly what it is with this charge, I can advise you further.

Does that answer the question? Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please do not forget to use the rating service to rate my answer positively. If you don’t give me a positive rating, I don’t get paid for my time.

You may get the impression that the thread closes after rating, but it does not, it remains open and we can still exchange emails if anything needs clarification.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello StuartWill this give details of the bankruptcy order in regards ***** ***** he owes monies to and the terms of payment etc etcRegardsDavid
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 months ago.

No. It won’t. It only gives the information you can see.

It’s unlikely that the court would have that but it may be on the file.

However if the bankrupt owed someone else some money, it’s likely that whatever money was owed to anybody is now lost under the terms of the bankruptcy unless there was a charge against property.

You can let me have the background detail, there may be another way round this. It’s very difficult to answer you fully, in a vacuum of facts. Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello stuartsorry for delay I am off work today as I am getting married tomorrow but answering when I canThere was a charge for the monies he owed and the court was Oxford for the case details belowA: Property Register
This register describes the land and estate comprised in the title.
OXFORDSHIRE : WEST OXFORDSHIRE
1 The Freehold land shown edged with red on the plan of the above Title
filed at the Registry and being 56 Cotswold Meadow, Witney (OX28 5FB).
2 (08.11.1988) The land has the benefit of the rights granted by but is
subject to the exceptions and reservations contained in the Transfer
dated 26 August 1988 referred to in the Charges Register.
3 (08.11.1988) The Transfer dated 26 August 1988 referred to above
contains provisions as to light or air and boundary structures.
4 (06.10.1994) The land has the benefit of but is subject to the rights
granted by a Deed dated 6 September 1994 made between (1) Thomas
Leonard and Maureen Leonard (2) Simon ***** ***** and Charmaine James
(3) Abbey National PLC and (4) Midland Bank PLC.
Charge Details so far:
(21.10.2003) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to
be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for
registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition
was given to Sandra Crook at 35A High Street, Witney, Oxon. being the
person with the benefit of an interim charging order charging order on
the beneficial interest of Simon James made by the Oxford County Court
on 25 September 2003.Any further questions please let me knowRegardsDavid
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. So far so good. An exciting day tomorrow then?!

So who is the current owner of the property?

Was the property bought by the current owner from Simon James and if so, why was the entry not removed by the solicitors at the time?

Have you tried to get hold of Sandra Crook?

I need to know the background to the order and what it is that is the problem of what you want to happen. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi StuartMy apologies this will have to wait until after my honeymoon as in ThailandRegardsDave
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 months ago.

Thanks. No problem.