UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

With regards XXXXX XXXXX the properties individually, would

With regards XXXXX XXXXX the properties individually, would this not incur another creditor if one is in negative equity.

i.e.

Property A = Mortgage 100 worth 150
Property B = Mortgage 100 worth 50

Would he not have a duty to the other creditors to sell these properties and pay off the secured creditor so that another creditor is not introduced?
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

In terms of that the OR will take a view.

If its in negative equity the OR will want to limit any debts so probably wont sell.

It is only if there is a decent amount of positive equity is the OR likely to sell to secure £ for creditors.

I hope this clarifies.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So would he allow the property in negative equity to be repossessed?

Or would\could he allow both properties to be taken out of the bankruptcy by equalling each other out, and charge a nominal fee (£1,000 say to cover the IP fees).

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
Not necessarily but he may not sell it but hold onto it.

To be taken out the bankruptcy it is a matter for the OR - he may it out for £1000.

But its a decision for OR.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry when you say hold on to it, do you mean to say for good or for a year (end of the bankruptcy).

I know it’s up to the OR but what I mean to say is, is it feasible, or is this normal process

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
The OR will have a restriction which means you need their consent to sell, Even after 12 months

UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience: Called to the Bar in 2007
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice