UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007

Hi I am entering into an IVA because I have a petition to

I am entering into an IVA because I have a petition to make me bankrupt which I cannot in a lifetime fulfil.
My IP has suggested I put everything into it including outstanding bills, which makes sense as I can’t afford to pay them at the moment. They have added up because of the length the situation has been going on.
Once the IVA goes through how do I reinstate things like electricity and gas? Will they have to be in a different name or do they simply wipe the old bill and start another account in my name?
Many thanks
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Yes you should put everything you can in.

Put everything in. They wipe the slate and start again.

Your account with gas and electric would just be wiped clean from the date you went into the IVA

The account just gets zero and starts again,

But yes include as much as you can - you get a clean start.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?