UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I went Bankrupt April 4th 2012 do I need to file my tax return

I went Bankrupt April 4th 2012 do I need to file my tax return for April 5th 2011 to April 6th 2012
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

Yes - you still need to file a tax return.

But if you included any tax owing in your bankruptcy then you need to specify this.

Any tax owing after 4th April 2012 will still be owing.

But you still need to complete a return, but put that you were made bankrupt and that no tax is owing - assuming that is the case.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Why do i still need to do it? and what will happen if i dont? As i have received no paperwork to tell me that it is outstanding.

Many Thanks

You need to do it if you are sent one as it is a legal requirement,

If you don't get sent a self assessment then you don't need to worry.

I hope this helps.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice