Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience

NA - 100

Customer Question

My husband has debts equalling about 40,000 Euros in RoI. We are currently living in the US (recently unemployed) but previous to that we were resident in Northern Ireland (April 2009-June 2010). My question is, is it possible to declare bankruptcy in Northern Ireland, based on residence there in the last 3 years? If so, how would one go about it? I don't think I have any proof that we lived there on paper, other than we had a bank account with a Northern Irish bank, with our NI address on it - I think that might still be in existence.
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will wait. Thanks.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you cancel please?