UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

when a bankruptcy search is done it show up even though i

Customer Question

when a bankruptcy search is done it show up even though i paid te fine on time and the case was dimissed. How do i remove this from my case history
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

What do you mean fine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i mean the money that i had to pay to hmrc was paid on time and the case was dismissed no more action needed so when my solicitor does a search on my name it still show up and i need it removed as the bankruptcy never happened.

If there was a petition and it was dismissed then - yes.

It will be like it never happened..........

I hope this reassures you.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

But how do we remove it from showing up against my name and address. I want to look for a mortgage but this showing up when a bankruptcy search is done might stop me and it is not fair as they were paid in full.

Was the bankruptcy annulled?

Or was it simply paid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It just says dismiss bankruptcy petition so i am not sure , also what is the difference between paid for and annulled and how do get it annulled?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it just says dismiss bankruptcy petition what is he dfference between paid in full and annulled

So the petition was NEVER actually granted by the Court - just issued?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes just issued and then i paid the full amount and it got dismissed . But it shows up when a search is done how do we clear it

You need to apply to the court for an order that it be removed from your file.

There should normally be a certificate of cancellation.

Ask the court for this and you can forward it on to the places have have it showing.

But a certificate of cancellation is what you need.

I hope this helps.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice