UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

I AM THINKING OF FILING A BANKRUPTCY.WHAT EFFECT DOES IT

Customer Question

I AM THINKING OF FILING A BANKRUPTCY.
WHAT EFFECT DOES IT HAVE ON MY NATIONALITY
I LIVE IN THE UK AND I AM BRITISH CITIZEN FOR THE LAST 13 YEARS.
I AM ASKING ABOUT THE NATIONALITY AND ABOUT TRAVELING WILL BE RESTRICTED ANY HOW
Category: UK Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

None whatsoever.

Bankruptcy is a civil matter.

No effect.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if it is a civil matter, what negative effect does it have on my civil life?
It means you won't be able to get any credit for around 6 years,.......

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is this a sure answer, please forgive me as i need reassurance
Yes........

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what about traveling if i need to travel do i have to inform the trustee or creditors or any of that sort

thank you for your time
No........

You free to travel.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
under any reason would the discharge be turned (in another words if the judge decided to discharge one, would in the future turn the discharge for any reason and if so is that within one year or is that wrong)
I do understand what you are asking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
From friends I heard that the judge can discharge or refuse to discharge the applicant.
I do not know the reasons of that, however, if judge discharge one that will last for one year if that is true then
1- what happen if the judge did not discharge and if judge discharge within the year can he/she turn the discharge for the same reasons the he/she may refuse to discharge in the first place.
Thank you
Normally a discharge is automatic.

The receiver would have to apply to court to extend it and give reasons why - normally for non compliance.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

UK-Justice