Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bush WV9-6S dishwasher that isn't working every

Customer Question

I have a Bush WV9-6S dishwasher that isn't working every time I try and run it it comes up with E1
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Bush WV9-6S. I don't know how to run a diagnostic test cycle.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible, yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 days ago.
HiE1 error code is a time out filling.What you need to do is check the water supply is fully turned on and the water pressure is good.Then pull the dishwasher out and check the fill hose isn't linked at the back as this could cause the error code.If all the above is fine then it's possibly either the water valve itself faulty, pressure switch or the control board.But check the above first and see what you find and let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQQPRpaHT14&feature=youtu.beThese are the connections at the back of the dishwasher. I've checked the water pressure and that's ok.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 days ago.

If the hoses at the back are fine and and its still giving the error code then you need to check the water valve and pressure switch if you can and see if theres a fault on them.

To access them you need to remove both side panels then you can access the parts from underneath.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I haven't got time to look at this now as I'm going away tomorrow for a week. Will contact you again when I get back.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 days ago.

No worries thats fine.