Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Rob, I live in Austria and have a Siemens dishwasher E-Nr

Customer Question

Hi Rob, I live in Austria and have a Siemens dishwasher E-Nr SK23200. When I depress the on button to start it as usual, it goes on, but only as long as I have my finger depressing the button! If I remove my finger the machine stops? Can you help me? Lucy
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Sorry, your name is ***** ***** Rob! The make is Siemens & the E Nr is SK23200/09. I haven't run a diagnostic test cycle: I don't know how; the dishwasher doesn't have a display.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I suppose I can call the local electrician.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I could send you a photo of the machine if you would like to send me your email address
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 12 days ago.

If you need to hold the switch in for the dishwasher to work then im afraid the switch itself is faulty and will need to be replaced.

To access this the front console will need to be removed then you can access the switch from there.

Once the switch has been replaced this will cure the fault from there and get it up and running again.

Expert:  Daniel replied 6 days ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If then just get back to me. If not then if you coul remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.

Many thanks