Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Fagor washing machine F2-3611IT keeps trpiping the

Customer Question

My Fagor washing machine F2-3611IT keeps trpiping the electricty in the last 5/10 mins of a cycle !! Have checked filter and drain tube and all is clear. Please give me a clue as to what too check next.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 days ago.

The most common cause for this fault is the wash heater.

You need to access the back of the washer and from there in the back of the drum towards the bottom you will see the heater element.

You need to disconnect the wires on there and tape them up out of the way.

Then set it going and see if it will run without tripping. Now it wont heat or complete the cycle but if it runs longer without tripping then you know its the heater element.

So you need to replace the heater and that should cure the fault from there.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry Daniel, I can't agree with you since the problem only occurs in the last few minutes of the programme when its on the spin & empty cycle. I should have said in the original inquiry that the machine shows a fault code FO2. The manual suggest that their is a blockage in the system, however this is an intermittent problem, probably only occurring every 3rd or 4th wash !!! I have checked the filter & discharge hose, both are clear. What can you suggest ??
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 days ago.

For the electrics to trip out theres an earth leakage in there. Now a blockage wont cause this. The most common cause for an earth leakage is the heater.

Granted i miss read you question and though it tripped out in the first 5-10 mins rather then the last 5-10 mins. But still well worth checking it it just incase.

But if thats thats not the case then check the wash motor and see if thatsfailing to earth. If you have a megger or insulation meter you will be able to check that from there and see if faulty.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Daniel. Ok, I've read your answer and just conducted another test before removing the machine (its a built in integrated model) and a right pain to get out !! Everything had been drained and powered off at the socket before testing. Choose a short 30 min program (30c) and set the machine to wash. Everything seemed fine the machine working normally until around 8 mins. before the end when it stopped and showed a fault code of FO2. At that point it was about to do the final spin and drain. Removed the power supply & left it alone for a few mins, after which I reconnected the power, the main supply was immediately tripped !! If I drain the drum manually and remove the filter, I can be sure that everything will appear to be fine. The machine (in operation) DOES NOT trip the main supply !! only when reconnected with water in the drum !! More suggestions please. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

Ok this sounds like a strange fault and probberly something im not going to be able to give a better answer on without seeing it myself and testing it.

So i will opt out of the question and this will open it up for the other experts and if one can help they will jump in.