Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Well my Neff oven has the error message 106 on it. 4 years

Hi well my Neff oven has the error message 106 on it.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 4 years old HT5hbpn is what I wrote down this morning
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I called a local repair man but he said that I needed a Neff techinician. Neff told me to search the error code myself and that is the stage I am at right now.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had run the cleaning programme in the morning. Then I had used the oven to cook potates. Then this code appeared later on. I wonder if it is linked with the oven cleaning cycle as the error code suggests door lock or seal as one possibility

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Error code 106 is a door lock error code. The door lock is only used when you use the cleaning cycle as it locks the door to stop it being opened.

If you turn the power off to the oven and leave it about 20 minutes and then turn it back on see if it as cleared the code.

But if its not doing anything other then giving the error code then its usually down to a faulty door lock.

So try the above and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay I am away until tomorrow but will do it then. Thank you , Daniel
No worries that's fine.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Daniel I'm afraid that did not work.

Ok then im afraid its looking like a faulty door lock here. For his you will need to replace the door lock in there and that should cure the fault.