Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch exxcel dishwasher has the check water light on and

Customer Question

Hi, my Bosch exxcel dishwasher has the check water light on and it sounds like it is constantly trying to drain
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Where do i find the modal number
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes i hope to
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 days ago.

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.