Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a fridge freezer but the fridge stopped working I'm

Customer Question

hi I have a fridge freezer but the fridge stopped working I'm not sure if I can do anything about
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: it is 4 years old it is hotpoint but I'm not sure about model where can I find the model please
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well if I can do anything yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is frost free
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is frost free
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I need to go to work now so if you can message my husband on*****************please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
or email***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi I didn't receive any message or reply for my question
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

The model number is ***** inside the fridge on the left hand side wall behind the salad box.

Or if its an older fridge then it may be inside the freezer at the bottom behind the bottom basket.

Can you post this please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
mtz 622 nf
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for that if the freezer is working but the fridge isn't that the fault will be inside the freezer as this is where all the cooling is done as the fan in the air blows the cold air into the fridge.The best thing to do here is empty the appliance turn it off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours. This will allow all the ice in the freezer to melt and clear the air vents.Are if you are handy with a screwdriver you need to empty the freezer remove the bath panel and there you will see the evaporator. You need to use a hairdryer and melt all the ice in there. Also check the gutter under the evaporator and make sure this isn't blocked up with ice as well.Once it's all defrosted turn it back on and hopefully this will sort the fault out from there and get the fridge working again.Try that and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where is the bath panel please
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.
Sorry that's a typo. It's ment to say back panel. This is the plastic cover inside the freezer at the back.