Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I've got a Bosch dishwasher shu5925sk/17, that gets stuck in

Customer Question

Hi, I've got a Bosch dishwasher shu5925sk/17, that gets stuck in the program just when 1 minute is left, and seems to continue to run the drainage pump.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It says FD 8209, and I judge it to be roughly 8 years old. The model description is MiXX, and more details as above.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes - if not too complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've tried to tilt the machine forward 45 degrees, but no water was coming out of the base plate.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Are you certain it is the drain pump running and not the wash motor? This behavior is very common when the heater circuit has issues and the water is not heating correctly, usually caused by a faulty solder connection on the PCB. If you open the door mid cycle, is the water hot and steamy?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't checked this, but will do. The machine is however seemingly running normally, coming to a halt with 1 minute left on the display - staying there for 2-3 hours before coming to an end. Wouldn't the delay be spread evenly over the program cycle if it is an issue with the heater?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

No, they usually do just as you are seeing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now I've checked the temperature during the program, and it's at least reasonably hot and steaming. And I've also observed that the wings are not rotating during lock-up phase with 1 min on the display. So I still believe it's the drain pump that keeps running.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Okay, so it is likely that the control does not recognize that the water has drained. The attached page shows the pressure system and how it works. It is mounted on the left side of the tub at the bottom. Can you access that and see if it is plugged up with "gunk" or have any other issues?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know how to access - can you propose how to do?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The machine has to be pulled out and the left side access panel removed, there are screws on the back.