Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have the same issue as here: can't seem to loosen the

Hi, I have the same issue as here: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/9nje8-i-m-aeg-lavamat-turbo-16850-washer.html can't seem to loosen the ventilator fan
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about last 3 hours messing about
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yup. I've taken the top off. I can see the ventilator is connected to the metal vent pipe which i presume house the heater
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: it is whisper quiet while washing. Once the ventilator fan turns, it is loud i suspect the condenser is filled with lint / hair
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is only the when the dryer is on, it makes a very loud sound i am trying to dismantle the van to reach the condenser

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number of your washer please and i will then be able to get the service manual for you which shows how to strip the washer down.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model Number is ***** L16850
Product Number###-##-####Ref attached photo I have already taken out the 3 bolts / screws I can find which attaches the ventilator. The other 3 holds the motor (I did try) but i can't still get it to move.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Opps. Full Product number is###-##-####02

Thanks for that.

Ive just uploaded the service manual which shows you how to strip the dryer chamber down to access the as it can be a little be tight in there as you have seen.

Click the link below and then im sure you will be able to sort it with that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks! that explains a lot.I can also see there is greese residue on the fan. If the noise persist after i clear out the condenser, will replacing the fan assembly be the next logical step? I can't think of anything on the heater circuit that will make that noise.The fan turns freely though.
Yeap. To be honest when they go noisy it's nearly always the fan that's the fault. But try and clear the fan out but if still the same then I'm afraid you will need to replace the fan chamber on it.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with this as the question is still open.

If you still need help then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks