Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have just moved into a new house, with an old diplomat

Customer Question

I have just moved into a new house, with an old diplomat built in oven. The numbers and symbols on both dials (on the right hand side) have worn off....
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 13 days ago.

Can you post the model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the inside of the door frame as you open the door.

If not then could you post a picture of the front of the oven so i can see the controls please.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Trying to attach the photo!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Have you got the photo?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 13 days ago.

Yes ive got the picture, Im just trying to find what model this is.

Is there a sticker on the inside of one of the doors with the model details on it?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No, unfortunately not.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 13 days ago.

Ok when you turn the right dial for the oven on does the light inside the oven come on and is the fan in there running?

Also as to the clock is it set or flashing, Its hard to tell from the picture.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
the fan runs and the light.comes on. It heats up quickly too. The timer flashes when I turn the oven on and I press the black button beside it to start the clock.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 13 days ago.

Ok so the oven does work but its just not controling the heat. Or it could be if you turn the dial all the way round till it wont turn no more then thats maximum temperture which is 250 degress C. So if you turn the dial down about will it seem to control the heat better?

Im also still trying to figure out the model as well to see if i can find any info on it which will help indentify the markings on the control panel.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Both top and bottom ovens work, I was just wondering what the various turns of the knobs did in terms of temperature and whether there is a difference between fan and convection oven?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 13 days ago.

Im sorry im not finding anything on this just by the picture im afraid. If i had the model number it will be easyer to find the info, So without that its very hard im afraid.

I will opt out and if another expert can help on this they will jump in.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK, thanks anyway.