Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch Maxx 5 1200 Washing Machine. It shorts the

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Maxx 5 1200 Washing Machine. It shorts the electrical circuit soon after it fills with water. I have tried it on another circuit and it shorts that too. Do you have any idea what might be causing this problem please? Thanks, Fiona
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 7.5 years old. It is Maxx 6 1299 E-NR WAA 24171GB/12 the FD number is ***** 00401. (I am not sure if these are what you want!)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is very simple. I wanted to know whether it would be better to buy a new machine than to get it repaired as that can be very expensive in Central London.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, except I had a new kitchen tap installed a month or so ago, by someone who made mistakes. This resulted in a leak to the pipes but there was no water near the washing machine.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Hi Fiona - First thing I would do is disconnect the heater and then see if the machine is operate but before doing this can you put it on a spin cycle and advise if it goes through the spin to the end without shorting out? -- Ian