Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Please I have SMEG machine for last 2 years, tonight I put

Customer Question

please I have SMEG machine for last 2 years
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: tonight I put the cotton 60 degrees full cycle on
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: and the machine signal E06 28 minutes before ending cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am alone, no one can help I have turned electricity and water off i could not open the dorr
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: then I have checked the pump -nothing in it clear
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi, I had a E06 error 28 minutes before the end of cotton 60 degrees cycle. I couldn't open the door. I have turned it off and checked if pump blocked -nil inside and drained water via hose. I could open door now. I don't know what to do next. Thank you !
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E06 error code means the washer has failed to drain the water out.

Not sure if you have checked the pump impeller. But if not then remove the filter again and this time look inside the chamber were the filter goes and there at the back you will see the pump impeller X shape.

Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the impeller up. As the pump should ping round in stages.

If thats all clear then check the waste hose. If it goes under a sink unit then check the spigot that the hose pushes into. Make sure theres nothing stuck in there blocking the hose up.

But if all thats all clear and the pump impeller pings round in stages then its possibley the pump itself at fault here.

So check that and see what you find and let me know.