bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Teka fridge freezer NF 340C the water collecting

I have a Teka fridge freezer NF 340C the water collecting tray at bottom of fridge behind continually overflows. Any solution?

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

You likely have a frozen drain line that is causing the overflow. Open the doors and unplug for 24 hours and see if the issue resolves. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried what you advised and overnight the tray is full of water again. I have an identical fridge freezer which was in store and set it up, there is no water in the tray. I understood that this tray was above the hot part of the cooling mechanism (can't remember the name) to evaporate it away. But obviously it is producing too much water. Where would this come from?

Can you take a picture of the area of that drain pan and post it here so I may see what you see?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I post the pictures. It just adds our file No. not much use to you. Can send it email?

You can send to***@******.*** and they will forward them to me.

I received the pictures, thank you. Are the doors sealing well and not allowing warm air into the cabinet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the doors fit well. I cannot see any water in the cabinet fridge is set at 5, freezer at minus 18 as advised in manual.

Was it frosted over and dripped during thawing and now not overfilling or is it consistently overfilling, no matter the timing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When working it produces water in the pan continuously until it over flows. ,the temperature stays stable and fridge doesn't seem to over work.

Unless something is spilling inside, the coil should not be frosting that much to cause water to build that quickly. I saw no water lines, but there is no ice maker in the freezer, correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No ice maker in the fridge

Okay, so the only way water is getting produced is from the evaporator coil. It should not be overflowing from a regular defrost cycle.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is the solution?

I am not sure. Is the humidity very high there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is Portugal temperature during day 19 degrees in the shade

It may be from the high humidity, I am not sure. I will see if another has any input.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
low humidity no rain.

Hi my name is ***** ***** Can you advise if the overflow is inside the fridge or outside into the defrost tray?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Outside in the tray. I have another same model no water in the tray. Both keep temps as set without excessive running.
Tray over flows from dry within around 24 hours of turning on

OK this usually indicative of ingress of warm air getting into the cooling cavity - it then freezes up and gets defrosted and the water gets dumped in the compressor evaporator tray. Are you up for trying something which I have used in the past and actually work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Of course!

Get one of these or their equivalent - http://www.nobleexpress.co.uk/cp/hydromax-supreme-heavyweight-cloth-50x30cm-green/HC565GRN -- a cloth with high absorbancy. Cut it to the shape of the evaporator tray and then place it into the tray. From time to time take it out and soak it in hot water with a shot of bleach. Only in the most overloaded systems does this fail to work.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I will try this in the next two days. I think you have done as much as can be expected on this.

Well come back to me if you need further help as Im happy to help until the matter is resolved - Ian

bonzaco,
Experience: Owner at Dales Electronic
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your input I have no more time to take this further and my wife with a mop will very affective.

No worries come back to me later if you need further advice - its freee from here on. Thanks for using JA and have a good day.