Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Siemens Iq 300 that keeps giving an E18 error and

Customer Question

I have a Siemens Iq 300 that keeps giving an E18 error and not draining. I have cleaned out the filter several times. It will do a few washes in between cleans, and then get stuck again. There is always water in the filter, but nothing in the little pump next the the filter. There is no dirt or fluff, or anything caught up in there at all. Any clues?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Sorry, need to go check. Iq 300 maybe 3 years old? Will check on the inside of door for more details
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Does vario perfect help? The engineer cannot come in less than a week. I have three kids...just want to try, provided it is something simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: IQ 300 vario perfect. Apart from that, there is only a really long serial number?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The issue is likely with the pressure switch or the hose between the tub and the pressure switch. If you remove the top of the machine (screws at the back of the panel), it will come off and allow access to the pressure switch. The pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet and will have a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?