Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I want to deactivate the control lock permanently on my Smeg

Customer Question

Hi I want to deactivate the control lock permanently on my Smeg S13950B induction hob
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: ever since I bought it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am not very clever with technical stuff so take me through it slowly please
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 18 days ago.

When you turn the lock off yourself to use the hob is the lock coming back on by itself when you next use the hob?

As you should just press the key picture and hold down for a few seconds and that will turn the lock off. But it should get locked again without you pressing the key button again.

Is this whats happening the hob is locking again without you pressing the key light?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I just want to get rid of this facility permanently so that i can just turn the hob on without having to worry about turning the lock off - i just want to completely deactivate it
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 18 days ago.

Normally just press and hold the key button once should turn the lock off and it shouldnt come on again unless you turn it on yourself.

So unlock and leave it like that. Dont touch the lock button and it shouldnt come on again from there as that completely deactivates from there.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No well its obviously not working then as everytime i need to turn the hob on i have to deactivate the control lock