Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a hotpoint a hotpoint aquarius 570 where the on

Customer Question

Hi, we have a hotpoint a hotpoint aquarius TIM 570 where the on switch has stopped working - it goes in but does not click or start. I have changed the plug fuse. Any ideas - thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We bought it in November 2014
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well I could try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The machine is sto reduce and is used in the garage outside and has been since we bought it - I will check the exact model - it was repaired by the manufacturer after others went up in smoke Sorry it is a TVM 570
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 15 days ago.

If the dryer isnt starting at all and the fuse and the power supply is good then its possibley the mains connection block at fault here.

Ive seen a few of these fail after the mod repair has been done by Hotpoint. As you can get a bad connection on the wires when the disconnect them and refit them.

If checking yourself you need to remove the top and the right hand side panel.

There you will see the mains connection at the back at the bottom were the power cable goes to.

Check the connections on there and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then the connection block will need to be replaced and that should do it.

As with you getting no click from the start switch when you press it then there isnt any power getting to it. So check that if you can and see what you find.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.