Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My dishwasher is showing an error msg E1, it was here when I

Customer Question

my dishwasher is showing an error msg E1
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: it was here when I bought this house it has a no. Bad6002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: what is involved
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know of is it worth getting it fixed
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

E1 error code means a water filling fault.

The first thing to check is the water supply to the dishwasher. Check the mains water is turned on and the fill hose at the back of the dishwasher isnt kinked up.

But if all thats ok and the water pressure is good then its possibley a water valve fault. If you wanted to check this yourself you would need a multimeter to test it. Access the water valve underneath and check the valve for resistance. It should read about 3.6 Kohms. If faulty then you need to replace the valve.

But if thats all ok then it can be either the pressure switch or control board at fault.

So as to weather its worth fixing if the water valve is the issue then thats not bad. But a control board isnt usually worth fixing as they can be an expensive repair.

So basically thats what the E1 means its a water filling fault. So check the above if you can and see what you find.