Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit error message showing F02 does this mean

Customer Question

I have an Indesit error message showing F02 does this mean that i need to replace the machine or can it be fixed at a price that makes sense?
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: About 3 to 4yrs old, no this is the first time
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no havent got a clue!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 days ago.

F02 is a motor related fault. To be honest a lot of the time its just worn carbon brushes in the motor and these can be replaced easy and quite cheap.

If doing yourself you need to remove the back panel of the washer and from there remove the motor at the bottom.

From there you will see the carbon brushes either side.

Remove them and see if worn. If they are only a few mm long then they need to be replaced. The parts themselfs are about £10-15 roughly and you can get them online or on Ebay.

But if you would need to get an engineer in then you are looking at roughly about the £60 mark all in.

But if the brushes are fine then the fault will be either the motor of the control board. Now for this the cheapest option is to get Indesit in on there fixed price repair. This is £110 so for that price they will call out and replace what ever parts it needs.

So if you are happy to spend £110 on it then give indesit a bell and they will fix it and thats all you would pay.

But check the carbon brushes first if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.