Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Ed, My Neff microwave model H56W20N0GB has stopped heating

Customer Question

Hi there Ed, My Neff microwave model H56W20N0GB has stopped heating the food. Everything else seems to be working except its key function
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have just told you the make and model. It's about 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can yes. But if too complicated no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No that's about it. All lights clock, turntable, etc. seem to be working fine
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Anytime a microwave runs but does not heat means that the magnetron ( Its purpose is to generate microwave energy. The high-voltage components accomplish this by stepping up AC line voltage to high voltage, which is then changed to an even higher DC voltage. This DC power is then converted to the RF energy that cooks the food.)

has failed and will have to be replaced. This is a dangerous repair because microwaves hold high voltage even when power is not being supplied to the unit, so it is highly recommended that only a qualified technician make this repair. The magnetron will need to be replaced, I linked you to the part you need to order below if you decide to repair it yourself.

click here to order magnetron

I kindly ask at this time that you go ahead and click on the 5th star of the star rating system at the top of your page. Afterwards If you have any follow up questions they will be free and I will continue to help until you are completely satisfied. It's very much appreciated, Thank You!

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 days ago.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?