Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko washing machine appears to be active all lights on

Customer Question

My beko washing machine appears to be active all lights on but when start any programme it works for about 5 seconds then just stops x any help.appreciated
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Beko wme7247s about 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible x
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope x
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 days ago.

When you set it going does it try and fill with water before it stops?

Also if you select a spin only cycle does the pump run and will the drum turn at all?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi yes it tries to fill with water and but then just stops. When tried on a spin the drum does not rotate. It just stops about 5 seconds into programme
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 days ago.

Ok what i think you may find here is the carbon brushes have worn.

You need to pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone to hold it for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes in the plastic holders.

Remove them and see if they have worn. If they are only a few MM long then the brushes will need to be replaced.

Then retry the washer and im sure that will cure the fault from there and get the washer working again.

Let me know how it goes.