Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Neff microwave also just caught on fire. Can I still use

Customer Question

My Neff microwave also just caught on fire. Can I still use it once I clean it up?
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its about 7 years old. Neff combo microwave and oven. Caught on fire when I put it into oven mode. I think grease in the vents caught fire
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can I still use it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Is there any damage to the paint work inside the microwave?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hard to say... trying to send you photos now. If you like, we could Facetime and I could show you the unit. Im on***********
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Looking at the pictures i dont think you can use the microwave side as i can see bear metal in there. If there is then what will happen when you use the microwave side it will spark in there aganist the bear metal so for that reason you wont be able to use the microwave side im afraid.

You can try it but if it starts to spark turn it off and dont use it, Sorry.