bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a SMEG dishwasher DW1612C the appliance will fill and

Customer Question

I have a SMEG dishwasher DW1612C the appliance will fill and water will heat but it will not pump to the spray arms. It times through the program but will not wash and will not pump out. (The tablet mechanism operates). If you turn it off and then on and reselect another program it will pump the water out before filling again to just sit there..
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Now the 28th, is anyone there?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 days ago.

After it starts up can you hear the circulating pump running or just a dull hum?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Pump works then water enters, water heats up, circulating pump no noise and jets not working.
Leave to run, goes to end of programme with no water left but sprays/circulation pump don't work throughout.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 days ago.

First thing you need to do is establish if the circulating pump is working. There are two pumps in a dishwasher, the drain pump which is working and the circulating pump which pumps the water around during the wash cycle. No circulating pump, no spray bar action. Check the circulating pump is working and come back to me with your results.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No, circulation pump is not working. Is there a sensor that may be U/S and not turning it on or is it the pump?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 days ago.

First thing to check is that you havent got a piece of bone or crockery in the pump itself that is stopping its rotation. Secondly are there any signs of leakage below the pump itself ie water staining and can you move the motor impeller by hand. There is a thermal cut-out in the motor windings but this is not replaceable.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
checked for blockage and turned impellor all OK. No signs of leak.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 days ago.

OK next place to go is to check between the main pcb and the motor and confirm that the cables and connectors to both the motor and pcb are sound. Can you confirm during wash that you dont hear a hum from the motor?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
cable's and connector's fine, can't hear anything from the motor
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 days ago.

Any burn marks on the pcb

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No the pcb is fine
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 days ago.

OK well it is either the pcb or the circulation motor that is faulty, Its more likely to be the pcb rather than the motor - you can send the pcb to the following company for repair/testing - www.qer.biz - which will be you cheapest option. They do an online booking service which allows a swift turnaround. Make sure you take note of the connections on the pcb before you disconnect.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Many thanks for your help will give the PCB repair a go.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 days ago.

OK Dave good luck there but do come back to me if you require further help later. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star ratings at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a good afternoon.