bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Bosch exxcel dishwasher that has stopped running

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Bosch exxcel dishwasher that has stopped running through a complete cycle on any settings. It's not blocked. It does empty. But it sounds like it's missing key sections of the cycle before going on to the end in the normal time. Is there a way of doing a test diagnosis cycle? Any ideas? Thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Cgs46e02gb/01. About 10 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If there's an at home fix, yes. But if it's more complex I will consider my choices
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of?
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On looking more, I can see that the rotor spray arms don't go around but just dribble water?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is my number and I'm not sure the registration system had space for it all.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you hear the motor running during the wash cycle and can you confirm the model number again perhaps SGS ?? Its laser etched in the top of the inner door frame (stainless steel)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ian. No motor sound. Sgs46e02gb/01. Thanks.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

OK first thing you will have to do is get access to the rear of the motor - if you take off the right hand side panel it lets you get a look. Next thing check to see if the fan at the rear of the motor can be turned - usually you can flick it with a small screwdriver - come back to me with your results.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. Will try after work tonight and update you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Sorry it's late. I've opened the right side and the fan? Is the one in the metal housing on the left of this photo which is front right of the dishwasher as you look at it. It goes around if I flick/move it. It's dusty/fluffy. Is that where you meant? Ta
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ian, I just need to know if it will be financially sensible to repair or just get a new one? Thanks. Nigel
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

The big circular aluminium thing with the wires coming out of the top is the circulating motor. If you look at the end you have cooling fins on it, flick the fins and tell me if it moves without too much resistance. If it does then likely it is your main pcb that is at fault. Usually this can be repaired or replaced.