Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

In my mother's OB5450AAX model, which is a 2014 model, it

Customer Question

in my mother's OB5450AAX model, which is a 2014 model, it doesn't bake in the bottom of the cakes/bread. the cakes come out raw and un-baked. Three authorized technicians claimed there's absolutely nothing wrong with the oven, but my 72 year old mom who'se been baking these cakes for 50 years, says this is the first time she stumbles upon such problem.
what can be the case?
many thanks.
Yair
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 12 days ago.

What oven setting are you using when you bake?

Is it the fan assist or convection setting?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, she's using normal baking settings - i.e. not turbo/fan baking. It's as the bottom heat body is out of order, though the techniations says it's working ok
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 days ago.

Ok if thats the oven setting you use then it sounds like its a faulty base element. As you may know this setting uses to heaters. It uses the outer section of the grill element and theres a base element under the base of the oven.

So as you say the bottom of the cakes isnt cooking then it can only be a faulty base element. Nothing else will cause this fault.

As you say the engineer said theres nothing wrong then you do have the option of getting them back out for a second opion from another engineer.

As ive done it my self were one engineer called out and said theres nothing wrong. I call back and find a fault so worth trying that.

As from the fault you say it does sound like the base element is the fault here as thats the only thing that will cause this fault.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Daniel
Thanks, ***** ***** makes sense, but I did want to confirm my thoughts again.
thank you
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 10 days ago.

Your very welcome.

If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.