Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I bought a electrolux icon Model # E30MH65GPS- on 3/24/12.

Customer Question

hi Pearl, I bought a electrolux icon Model # E30MH65GPS-B on 3/24/12. It was purchased with a dent on the top but i was told it was just cosmetic damage. It is only used occasionally (not my main oven) It would not heat to it's max degree and was always about 75 degrees off. The Cavity Termal Cut off was replaced in march 2013. Still didn't help. In January 2015 the Thermistor and main (not sure about these terms) were replaced and the repairman told me that everything that could be done had now been done. I began using it full time 3 weeks ago and now the whole thing has quit working. Nothing on it works including the clock. I let the warranty drop since everything on it that could be replaced was replaced. It has been a lemon since the beginning. Please let me know if there is anything we could check that could be causing this. Is there an internal fuse of something. I am not willing to put any more money into this thing and am not feeling to friendly toward the appliance store or electrolux at the moment. Thanks for your help Susan ****
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: all on my 1st text
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

If it is off by 75* F and the sensor and the control are new, the issue is likely to be with the wiring between the two. Do you have a meter to test resistance with?

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The sensor circuit works by the sensor sending a resistance signal to the control which changes with the temperature. So, if a connection is bad or a wiring harness has been pinched or otherwise damaged, it will increase the resistance of that circuit, making the control see a different measurement than what the sensor is sending.