Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Admiral American fridge freezer keeps tripping the RCD every

Customer Question

Hi, Admiral American fridge freezer keeps tripping the RCD every 4 hours or so. The fridge side isn't cooling either
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's admiral, where will I find the model number? its 9 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what it is and if its economically viable
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model no is gc2224gekb
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

The most common cause for this fault is the defrost heater inside the freezer.

You need to empty the freezer fully and from there remove the back panel in there.

Behind there you will see the evaporator, Wrapped around this is the defrost heater.

If the evaporator is covered in ice then that will be why the fridge isnt as cold as it should be as the fridge has lost its airflow as it gets its cooling from the freezer.

You will need to replace the defrost heater and that will cure both faults you have.

So check that and see what you find as for tripping the electrics out its nearly always the defrost heater inside the freezer at fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 7 months ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks