Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a whirlpool az8680 and it keeps saying water

Customer Question

Hi I have a whirlpool az8680 and it keeps saying water container full when it isnt
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Approx 3-4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not sure depends on work required
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We have had work done in the house which has caused quite a bit of dust
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is azb8680
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 17 days ago.

If the empty water light is on but the water bottle is clear then it will be the pump and chamber at the back. Its either the water chamber is blocked or its a faulty pump.

If you look at the back of the dryer at the bottom towards the middle you will see a white plastic cover held on with a screw.

Remove that screw and then you can remove that cover.

In there you will see the pump.

You need to release it from the bottom there and lift it out.

From there you need to soak up all the water in there and then check the pump impeller at the bottom and see if thats blocked.

Then refit it all and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed that sorts it but if it happens again then im afraid its a faulty pump that will need to be replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.