Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

I have a sharp r22at microwave. Power is on. but nothing

Customer Question

Hi, I have a sharp r22at microwave. Power is on. but nothing happing when I press the pre programmed button. It's like kind of frozen. This happened 2-3 years back and I left on side in the original box. I took it out 3 months ago and it was working again. Since yesterday the same thing happening again. Any advice?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Sharp R-22AT, It has done this before and after few years of not using and start working again.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I know what went wrong or which spare part to be replaced, OF COURSE I can do it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only this case
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 19 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Have you tried to unplug it for a full minute and plug it back in?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did that
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I could not enter my full phone number

If none of the buttons work you likely have a bad touchpad on the unit. You can take it apart and try to remove the touchpad ribbon cable from the control board and reseat it. If it still does nothing I would change out the touchpad on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.