Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have my Miele Dishwasher making aloud sucking noise and

Customer Question

I have my Miele Dishwasher making aloud sucking noise and seems the engine is running but it is OFF. I switched it on and the error code F70 came up. I have reset the breaker to the power to the house a couple of times now but no change?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Yes it is about 4 years old and the model is: G 5280 SCVi
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy yes but if it requires an expert probably not I am worried that leaving it in this state over night will cause serious damage to the appliance.
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The appliance technician will figure it out.
Customer: I think it could be flooding issue as we have had this dishwasher flooding in the past the problem is I do not see any excess water in the dishwasher at the moment any suggestions?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sorry, who is the appliance technician?
JA: We find the appliance technician who is best qualified to answer your question and available soon.
Customer: OK thanks I will wait online then...
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The control is in flood mode because water has leaked to the base of the machine, under the tub.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Are you able to pull the unit out to allow tipping of the machine to a 45* angle to drain the flooded water?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
difficult a it's built in...
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Yeah, they are not real servicer friendly. It will need to be pulled out to gain access to the base and dry the water out. If you have to wait for help, I would turn the mains supply off to it so it does not keep the pump running.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there any other way to resolve this rather than pulling out the dishwasher. It is open at the moment and I do not see any standing water, actually it is bone dry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

No, the water is below the metal tub, down in the plastic base. It has to be pulled out to access that service area.