Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a Bosch classixx machine in which we turned on this

Customer Question

Hi we have a Bosch classixx machine in which we turned on this morning and now won't work. Lights won't operate and we have alternated power point to confirm power is working. Filter has been cleaned with a hair clip found. Any suggestions?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Classixx and 3-4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only self checks where I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. Is there any reset mechanism?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

What kind of appliance is this?

Can you post the model number please. As Classixx is just a range.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
WAE20262AU/01
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is all we can find inside the door

If theres nothing comming up on the front panel then resetting it wont do nothing as the power has to be on for the reset to work. But to reset the electroincs then its as below.

To reset the F21 error on a Bosch machine, turn the program knob from the off position (12 o'clock), to the 6 o'clock position and immediately press and hold the spin reduce button. Then while holding the spin button turn the knob to 7 o'clock position and continue holding spin button for 15 seconds.

But if that doesnt do anything which i dont think it will then if the power is fine you need to remove the plug from the socket and remvoe the top panel.

There you will see the mains filter at the back. Its the part the power cable goes to.

Check that for burning and if it has then the mains filter will need to be replaced.

But if thats all ok and theres still nothing comming on then im afraid the control board itself will be the fault and for this the board will need to be replaced if you wanted it fixing.