Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko DRCT 70W, and I have a problem with the heat.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a beko DRCT 70W, and I have a problem with the heat. It turns but not heat so I opened the back and changed the element with a new one. But it is still not heating up. I have cleaned the filter at the bottom and removed as much fluff as I could.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: What could be wrong with it?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just recently I noticed it was cold and not drying today so I opened to check the element and noticed it was a bit broken so I took it off and bought a new one
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Yes I did it myself, it is a Beko DRCT 70W. I have had it about 6 years now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: About 6 months ago I got a new element from the repair man that's how I knew to check
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you select just the timed setting only and run it for about 30 seconds and open the door do you feel any heat at all then?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is only timed setting and there is no heat coming from it it's just cold air

Ok if theres just no heat at all and the heaters are new then its more then likely the control board.

But a few things to check first is make sure the dryer is i a warm place. As if its out side in a shed and the temperture drops these dryers dont heat up.

But if thats not the case then you need to check the front NTC (temperture sensor)

Remove the top and front plastic control panel.

Behind then control board you will see the front NTC. It will have 2 orange wires to it. If you have a multi meter then you need to test the resistance of this. It should be around 7K ohms. If faulty then you need to replace the NTC.

But if the NTC is fine then im afraid you are looking at the control board here. In this case the control board will need to be replaced and that will sort the fault out from there.

Hi

I see the question is still open so just wondering do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks