bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Power switch on kenwood dishwasher won't stay on. I press it

Customer Question

Power switch on kenwood dishwasher won't stay on. I press it in and it pops out and cuts off the power and it's very frustrating,, dishwasher less than 18 months old
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I can't find paperwork at the moment it's a slimline dishwasher, I can t run a diagnostic test cycle as it keeps switching off
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It's a KDW45S13 I would if I knew what was wrong with it. The power is there but the power switch will not stay depressed. I've taken it out cleaned it and replaced it and it still will not start depressed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No such as?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** this fairly common on these - most likely the latching mechanism on the switch has failed. You will need a new on/off switch. Available from this company - http://www.4kenwood.co.uk/dishwasher/kdw45s13/switch/product.pl?pid=2205661&path=652195:606547&model_ref=2596040 -- would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Do come back to me if you require further help but thank you for using JA and have a good evening.