Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint wmf 760 with fault F11 (pump circuit

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint wmf 760 with fault F11 (pump circuit fault), so I removed the pump and tested it. It megas out at 167 ohms which suggests it's ok,so what next
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you get F11 it can only be a faulty pump, wiring to the pump or the circuit board at the back.

If the pump and wiring are fine then im afraid its looking like the circuit board at the back is the fault. For this it will need to be replaced and programmed up as new circuit boards are sold blank so need the equipment to program it up.

But in the past ive seen this fault were the pump tests ok for resistance but is still the cause of the fault. Just inspect the circuit board at the back for signs of burning on there. But if it looks ok then it may be worth a try replacing the pump and seeing if this works as even though the resistance is good the pump can still be fault as i have seen it in the past.

But if after that its still not working then it will be the circuit board at the back thats the fault here.

Regards