Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Sorry im reading your website... I have a Beko CA7015 FFS

Customer Question

sorry im reading your website...
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a Beko CA7015 FFS Fridge/freezer. The lights still come on but nothing else happening It is about 7 years old. I am an oap and cannot afford a company call out charge to check it Can you help me. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: ???????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I didn't say I was confused....Just a problem with my Beko Fridge/Freezer
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: BEKO CA 7015 FFS Fridge Freezerllll about 7 year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I certainly will try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Are you able to get to the back of the appliance?

If so then at the back at the bottom you will see the compressor (black pot)

Feel this and see if its hot to touch and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had the fridge freezer switched off for over 1 week now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to purchase any more of your promotions , I am just patiently waiting on your diagnosis

Ok turn it back on and after about 10 minuites or so the compressor should kick in.

Leave it to run for a few hours and then feel the compressor and see if thats hot to touch if theres no cooling inside the appliance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please just give me your diagnosis....I am n OAP and cannot afford any more of your services...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
should I switch it back on and see if the compressor heats up?

Ok if the compressor kicks in but doesnt cool down then after a few hours the compressor will be hot.

If this is the case then its a system fault. Its either a poor pumping compressor or its short of gas. But for either of these you need to get a fridge engineer in as this isnt a diy repair as you need the equipment to be able to regass it.

But this isnt a cheap fix and usually when you get a system fault its best to get a new appliance rather then getting it fixed as you are looking at about £150 minimum so just isnt worth fixing.

But if the compressor doesnt start and stays cold then its a control board fault at the back and that could be worth replacing as they are not that expensive plus this is a diy fix as well.