Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Miele KNF12912 SD Fridge/freezer. The drain from

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Miele KNF12912 SD Fridge/freezer. The drain from the fridge is not draining. It isn't the hole through the fridge that is blocked but appears to be the pipe going down the back. Is there a way to get to the pipe to clear it??
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: oops - typed it wrong. The model is KFN12923SD. Its around 4-5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes - I'm fairly competent and have got most tools.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really that I can think of. The unit is working fine except for the build up of water in the fridge. I tried the usual unblocking of the hole but that isn't working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

It is fairly common for this to happen - best way to try and clear it is to use a hand steamer and inject steam down the hole. If this doesnt work then the only other option is to fit an exterior pipe as the internal one was likely slightly compressed when the inlsulation was blown in during manufacture