bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Bush dishwasher that keeps blowing its fuse (and

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bush dishwasher that keeps blowing its fuse (and knocking everything else out too) its saying error code 7 - heating elememnt?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: apologies, Bush and its a 2455/8189, or 262/6482 or 226/9430 - there is nothing on the unit and all these are on the booklet. what is a diagnostic test cycle - scuse my ignorance!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: not me no - maybe my husband if it's something that can be done easily at home
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** cant get hold of the service manual as its after hours - however, can you put the appliance on a prewash or cold wash cycle and run it through telling me if it trips the electric or not.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi - it's not that sophisticated I don't think. There isn't a pre or cold wash or if there is I'm not sure within which program.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK hi I've found pre rinse and have started the machine. ....watch this space
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it's done that - nothing tripped, seems to have done it OK.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello????
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Whyn is this question closed? It hasn't been answered. the macjhine performed a pre -wash cycle successfully - and that is it. It isn't doping anything else. I need to know if it is fit for the tip or if it can be fixed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 26 days ago.

Thank you for the updated information - looks like the heater assembly has failed and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Many thanks for that . In your experience is this a possible or even a viable repair?