Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Meile fridge/freezer KFN 8462/S. Buzzer soundingsShows F3 on

Customer Question

Meile fridge/freezer KFN 8462/S. Buzzer soundingsShows F3 on display. Fridge normal, freezer at -26C, display at -36C. The interior sensor is OK think it might be compessor sensor. Compressor is not working full time.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The F3 error means there was an issue with the defrost circuit. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for info. I have removed the plastic cover in the back wall of the freezer ,there was little ice on top of the evaporator. All ice has been removed with no change. The freezer is down to -26 although set to -18 and the display shows a constant -36. The display alternates with F3 and -36. odd given the lowest it can go is quoted as -26. The mosy annoying aspect is the buzzer . is there a way to stop this given the off btton has no effect. Thanks for help. Ron
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The multiple issues you are having sound like the main electronic control may have issues. Can you turn the power off at the mains or unplug it for an hour to see if the behavior changes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
as suggested turned device off for 1.5 hrs. Over w/e fridge normal held +4. Freezer stable at -10 to -12, fan comes on for short time I suspect to keep fridge cool not freezer. Buzzer comes and goes as does f3. As you say it is probably the electronic unit faulty which I gather is expensive and not easy to change. Unless you can think of a quick fix it's a new appliance.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I do not believe it will be a quick fix, it will require a new part. I understand your desire to replace the unit.